Short facts
- Coburg
- Sights
The fountain in the Salvator cemetery had been located since 1734 on the south wall of the cemetery, to the left of the stairway, in a small rounded area. It was used until 1869 and later shut down. With the construction of the neighbouring school building for the former Alexandrinenschule, which currently houses the Gymnasium Albertinum, the cemetery grounds were redesigned and the fountain column was erected in 1902. The stone column in neo-Romanesque style was created from an old gravestone, to which a semicircular stone basin was added. A metal lion's head served as a water spout. In 1965, the fountain was put out of operation.
On the map
Fountain at the Salvator Cemetery (Brunnen auf dem Salvatorfriedhof)
Untere Salvatorgasse
96450 Coburg
Germany